Your submission of a request for refund constitutes your acceptance of these Official Rules.
1. Eligibility: The Carhartt Twill Workwear 30-Day Wear Test Guarantee Program (the "Program") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and Canada. Your right to receive a refund under the Program is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements and conditions of these Official Rules. The Program is available only for purchases made from January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011 (the "Refund Period") of the following items: (i) Carhartt Twill Work Pant; (ii) Carhartt Short-Sleeve Twill Work Shirt; (iii) Carhartt Long-Sleeve Twill Work Shirt. You must make your purchase of an eligible item during the Refund Period and must make a refund request within thirty (30) days following your purchase of the applicable eligible item(s) in order to be eligible.
2. Sponsor: Carhartt, Inc. P.O. Box 600, Dearborn, Michigan 48121 (“Sponsor” or “Carhartt”).
3. How to Participate: During the Refund Period, visit the 30-Day Wear Guarantee website at www.carharttguarantee.com. Provide all required information at the website and, after receiving the prepaid UPS label from Carhartt, return to Carhartt by UPS the Carhartt Twill Workwear item(s) for which you are requesting a refund, together with a legible copy of the sales receipt with the items that you are returning and price paid (including sales tax, if appearing on the receipt) circled on the receipt, and provide all other information requested by Carhartt. In order to qualify for a refund, you must supply all information and materials requested by Carhartt, such information must be truthful and accurate, and your UPS package (including all required information and materials) must be received by Carhartt within 10 days of the date Carhartt sends the prepaid UPS label to you.
4. Refund: Within 60 days of receiving your complete return package (including the returned item(s) and all requested information and materials), Sponsor will mail you a check in U.S. funds for the purchase price for the returned item(s) and the applicable sales tax as shown on the receipt or verified by you. The check will be mailed to the address that you provide to Sponsor.
5. Release: By participating, you represent and warrant that you purchased any items that you are returning, and that all information that you provide to Sponsor in connection with the Program is truthful and accurate. Further, you agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability or any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Program or your violation of these rules or the representations and warranties herein.
6. General Terms: Sponsor, as it may determine in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Program, or any part of it, if any fraud, or other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper administration of the Program. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual determined to be in violation of these Official Rules or determined to have acted in an otherwise disruptive or dishonest manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Program may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person as permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
7. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) late, misdirected, lost, undeliverable, illegible, damaged, or stolen submissions, email or mail; (2) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by you, printing errors or by any of the equipment utilized in the Program; (3) unauthorized intervention or tampering with in any part of the Program;(4) human error that may occur in the administration of the Program; or (5) lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or mail, or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or with the U.S. Mail or UPS, any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the Program; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Program or receipt or use or misuse of any refund.
8. Arbitration and Choice of Law: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Program, you agree that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Program, or any refund awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest Dearborn, Michigan; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Program), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and question concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Michigan, USA, without regard to Michigan choice of law provisions.